Monday, September 12, 2011

A Dinner Fit for...

I'm in Culinary school. I graduate in December. Last night my Senior Practicum Class and I put together an 8 course tasting menu for invitees that included friends, family, and faculty. There were three of us that were in put in charge of putting together the menu, coordinating preparation of the food and front of the house details.

When deciding on what to serve, we wanted the food to pop, flavor and presentation wise and I think we succeeded on both levels.

Next thing for me to say is, see for yourself!

The Menu

Scallops Agua Chile

Puree of Purple Cauliflower Soup with Curry Oil and Cilantro

Deconstructed Greek Salad with Feta Mousse and Israeli CousCous


Chorizo Stuffed Squid with Basil Oil, Kalamata Olives, and Tomato Coulis

Spiced Duck Terrine with Orange Infused Mustard and Blackberry Preserves

Basil Crusted Lamb Loin with Braised Fennel and Carrot Ribbon Salad

Fig Cake with Greek Yogurt Ice Cream, Rosemary Infused Honey and Honeycomb Candy



While there were some little bumps along the way, we were all extremely pleased with how everything turned out. Aside from the fact that I was running around like a mad woman and felt like I was orchestrating a full-scale opera...or something...I had a LOT of fun and I am so proud of my partners Fidel and Michael, as well as the rest of the class for putting together something I feel we will all remember for the rest of our careers.

P.S. You probably noticed, that was only 7 courses. In the flurry of activity that was service, we did not get a chance to photograph anything. I ended up re-plating all of the dishes after service and totally forgot about the Blueberry Mint Shooter! Ah well, the color was vivid and beautiful, but it wasn't very exciting to look at anyway. Hope you enjoyed getting a peek at our dishes, I'm very excited to share them with everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment