Monday, August 29, 2011

Triumphant Return!

Apparently, when I say brief I mean two years, give or take.

Ah well, I am back and ready to ...bake? blog? Whatever.

Here are some fantabulous cookies:

I-Don’t-Care-What-My-Ass-Looks-Like Triple Chocolate Cookies

8 oz unsalted butter, at room temperature (that’s two sticks, watch out Paula Deen!)

1 c light brown sugar, packed

1 c granulated sugar

2 tsp pure vanilla extract

2 large eggs

2/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder

2 c all purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp kosher salt

12 oz white chocolate, coarsely chopped

8 oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped

  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. Cream the butter and sugars together with a paddle attachment on med-high speed until light and fluffy. About 2-3 minutes.
  3. Reduce speed to medium and add the vanilla extract; then beat in eggs one at a time until thoroughly combined. Scrape down the bowl after each addition.
  4. Reduce speed to low and add the cocoa powder (trust me, LOW, or it gets everywhere…).
  5. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt and then add to the batter. Mix until just combined. Scrape down the bowl and then add the chopped chocolate, mixing on low, low speed until they are evenly mixed in. If your mixer doesn’t go very low, just gently stir them in.
  6. Roll about 1/3 cup of batter into a ball and place onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet- give them about 2 inches on all sides to spread. You can make them smaller, but come on, then you’ll just eat like 5 of them anyway. This way, they are huge and you can say that you only ate one!
  7. If you make the giant cookies, you’ll have about 20 cookies total.
  8. Bake for exactly 15 minutes. No more, no less. Trust me. Unless you made them baby cookies, then you probably only want to bake them about 10-12 minutes.
  9. Eat one straight out of the oven, well, let it sit for about 2 minutes so you don’t burn the crap out of your mouth…but you get the idea.


Notes:

  • If your butter is rock hard because, like me, you had a last minute craving for cookies, just slice your butter into small chunks and place it in a bowl and microwave it for about 10-15 seconds. Don’t melt it at all! You just want it to be squishy enough for it to give under the pressure of your finger poking at it.
  • You can use chocolate chips as well, or substitute any kind of chips or chocolate for that matter. Or dried fruit…or nuts…but those are healthy, so forget I just said that.
  • I tried to get my boyfriend to take the rest of these to work, but he just laughed. Little did he know, I’ll have the last laugh because they will be all gone by the time he gets home. Muahahaha!

4 comments:

  1. These were delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I ate like three of them, and now I'm feeling guilty. Totally worth it though.

    Do you take credit-cards?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just go for a jog, or do what I do and get your butt kicked at Brazilian Boot Camp at the gym ;)

    Speaking of credit cards, I still haven't set up a Square account....

    ReplyDelete